To maintain the quality and standards of the P.E. kit, the items in bold are only available from Uniform Direct.
Boys' and Girls' P.E. Kit
- Sky blue/green reversible capped rugby shirt.
- Sky blue/green polo shirt with Somercotes logo.
- Sky blue/green football shorts with Somercotes logo.
- Sky blue/green sports socks.
- Football boots.
- Training shoes.
- Shin pads.
- Sports bag or holdall.
- Sky blue/green tracksuit bottoms with Somercotes logo.
- Swimming costume for showers.
Additional warm clothing/base layers may be worn underneath the Academy kit during very cold weather at the discretion of the member of staff.
The following are NOT allowed at all in an academy:
- Coats with offensive logos/badges.
- Denim or leather/leather look or knitted coats/jackets.
- Coloured T-shirts or bras or T-shirts with logos under an Academy shirt (if a T-shirt is worn under a shirt it must be plain).
- Sweatshirts/jumpers which are not Academy uniform.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/zipped jumpers/cardigans/clothing made of sweatshirt material (with or without hoods), are not considered as coats and may not be worn.
- 'Sports' type jackets/coats.
- Jeans or jeans-type trousers.
- Boots of any kind, sandals, canvas shoes, trainers (except for P.E.), trainer shoes.
- Nail varnish, gel nails, false nails, tattoos, temporary tattoos or make-up (discreet make-up is allowed in Year 11).
- Jewellery (except for wristwatches). Earrings - only one small stud per ear, watches – all jewellery must be removed for P.E. activities).
- Nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of body piercing.
- Hairstyles which are extreme (NO vivid or two-tone hair colours, NO cuts shorter than a number 1 razor setting, NO patterns cut into hair, NO beaded braids or braids with cotton/material weaves, NO extensions which do not match natural hair colour.
- Any hairstyles that have a change in hair length must be blended. Hairstyles must be graduated with no 'stepped' patterns or lines.
- Mohican hairstyles are not acceptable. This includes stepped haircuts similar to the different styles of Mohican haircuts.
- Beards or moustaches, or sideburns below the earlobes.
- Large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts (only plain black belts permitted).
- 'Smart' watches.
EACH ACADEMY CAN ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING JEWELLERY. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CONFISCATED ITEMS.
Please feel able to contact the Academy BEFORE purchasing any items of uniform if you have any doubts about whether it is acceptable as Academy dress.